How to Improve Customer Feedback Response

I’ve been thinking a lot about the best ways to engage customers after they leave feedback. We try to reply within 24 hours, but I feel like a personal touch, like a follow-up email or even a thank you card, can really make a difference. Has anyone had success with this approach?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍⁠‌‌‍‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠‌‌⁠⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​​‌‍‍‌‌‍​⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‌‌​⁠​‍​⁠‌​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌​​‍‌⁠‍‌‌⁠‍​‌​⁠⁠‌‍‌⁠‌⁠​‍‌⁠​‌​⁠‍​​⁠‌⁠‌​⁠⁠‌‍​‍‌​‍‍​⁠​​‌‍‍‌‌‌⁠⁠‌​⁠​​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​

Engaging with customers through a simple thank you email can be powerful. I once had a client send personal notes after feedback, and it really elevated the relationship. Maybe consider trying that along with your 24-hour response rule; it might make them feel more valued.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍⁠‌‌‍‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​‌​⁠​​​⁠​​​⁠‌⁠​⁠‌‌​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‌‌​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌​​‌‌‍​‌‌⁠‍‌​⁠‍‌‌⁠‍​‌‍⁠‍​⁠‌‍‌​‍‍‌‌‌‍‌​​‌​⁠​​‌‌​‍‌‌​‌‌​‍​‌​‌‌​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​​

Sending a handwritten thank you card can really stand out — i did this once after receiving feedback, and it made a lasting impression. It might take a bit more time than an email, but small gestures like that can establish a stronger connection.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍⁠‌‌‍‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​‌​⁠​​​⁠​​​⁠‌⁠​⁠‌‌​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‌‌​⁠​‍​⁠‌⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠‌‍‌⁠​​‌​‌‌‌‍⁠​‌‌‌‌‌‌⁠⁠​‍⁠‌‌⁠‌⁠‌‍‌‍‌⁠‍​​⁠‍‌‌⁠‌⁠​⁠‍‌‌⁠​​​⁠​​‌​‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​​

I totally get what you mean about wanting to add that personal touch — , it drives me nuts when feedback feels so impersonal. One thing that worked for me was following up with a quick phone call after sending a thank-you email. It doesn’t have to be long, just a minute to see if they have more to share can really deepen the connection.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍⁠‌‌‍‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​‌​⁠​​​⁠​​​⁠‌⁠​⁠‌‌​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‌‌​⁠​⁠​⁠​​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​​​⁠‍‌‌​⁠‌‌‌‌⁠​⁠‌⁠‌‌‌⁠‌⁠‌‌‌‌​‍‌⁠‌​‌‌‌⁠‌⁠‍‌‌​​⁠‌​⁠⁠‌‌​⁠‌‌‌⁠‌⁠​‌​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​​